Friday, December 18, 2009

The Friendship poem

You saw me alone in the deep, cold world.
You walked to me, and asked me what was wrong.
I replied everything was wrong in my life.
Then you comforted me since that time.


I told you everything whenever I can.
Through the up and downs in my life, you were there till the end.
When I am crying, you've been there lighting.
Lighting the dark sides in every problem.


The light's fading.
The darkness again appears.
The darkness that traps me
In my problems that never seem to disappear.


You were there the whole time.
There the whole night.
We laughed and told stories and secrets till dawn.
Till we never knew it was already morn.


I'm holding the feelings I should've said.
But now I have the courage to speak up
Wish that you would understand that:
Your smile is the sunlight in my life.
Your concern is like the protection over a dangerous night.
The way you laugh, the way you talk.
All of these things are memorable.
Memorable enough to know that I am never alone.....

1 comment:

  1. This work is sadness most profound.

    Keep on writing. Lagi kong inaabangan ang mga tula mo.

    BTW, should you have time and be interested, you can also browse thru my collection of Filipino poetry at http://allanandres.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete